Trojan specializes in developing solutions for specific contaminant treatment in water (e.g. Aurora, Colorado, uses UV-oxidation removes potentially harmful chemical contaminants:
- Pesticides - atrazine, simazine, isoproturon
- Nitrosamines - NDMA and other nitrosamines
- 1, 4-Dioxane
- VOCs - Trichloroethylene (TCE), tetrachloroethylene (PCE), and vinyl chloride (VC)
- Fuel and fuel additives- methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE), benzene, toluene, ethylene, xylene (BTEX) and hydrazine.
- To provide municipalities with an energy efficient UV system that can perform UV-oxidation (and Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) or Environmental Contaminant Treatment (ECT) to remove trace environmental contaminants from the water such as volative organic compountds (VOCs)
- The use of low-pressure amalgam lamps in the TrojanUVPhox allows the UV system to minimize power consumption and reduce maintenance requirements due to its long lamp life
- Is a hydraulic optimized, polychromatic lamp-based UV chamber for use in the treatment of environmental contaminants
- Suitable for removing contaminants from large flow rates within a compact footprint.
- A range of contaminants can be treated such as taste and odor-causing compounds, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, personal care products and endocrine disrupting compounds.
- At the same time, the system will disinfect bacteria, viruses and protozoa including the chlorine-resistant pathogens Cryptosporidium and Giardia.